I’m continuing my series on ICO Bounty Programs… Why? Because I’m getting asked LOTS of questions, and aggregating this data into a series of blog posts is the easiest way to direct conversation. As always, please consider this post as a live document and open to edits, additions and any other updates that help the reader. As such, I look forward to your messages and interactions!
I recently wrote, An ICO Primer: What Are Bounty Programs And How Do They Work, Types of Bounties For ICOs, And Who Are Those “Bounty Hunters”? , in which I addressed the following concerns:
- What are bounties?
- What are bounty programs?
- Types of bounty programs
- Pre-ICO bounties
- Post-ICO bounties
- What is a “bounty hunter”?
If you’re not sure what ICO Bounty Programs are, or how they work, please read the above article first. If you’re ready to dive into the first steps for making your official ICO Announcement on Bitcointalk, read on!
Making An Official Bitcointalk ICO Announcement
- Sign up at Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/
- However, you won’t be able to make an official announcement of your ICO until you get out of “newbie” status.
- Promotion to “jr member” on Bitcointalk requires about 6 hours of activity on the forum in addition to around 60 posts. This number changes sometimes… expect to spend lots of time on the forum in order to get promoted, meaning that you should start ASAP.
- The forum is designed to filter out spammers, so your posting frequency is VERY limited as a newbie.
- As a newbie, you’re only allowed to post in the “beginners” forum: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=39.0 .
- Bitcointalk isn’t super user friendly, so finding this information is difficult and many users get frustrated initially.
- Just remember: you can only post to the link above.
- Follow the rules, don’t be spammy, create a conversation, and don’t overtly market your ICO on this forum… you’ll earn negative cred.
- Once you’re a jr. member on the forum, you can post your official ICO announcement on Bitcointalk’s ICO thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2321784.msg23585525#msg23585525
- Start your thread with an [ANN] that engages the community from a distance.
- For example: [ANN] [ICO] [BRAIN] | brianICO | Event Tickets Blockchain | Bounties
- The [ANN] tells forum members that you’re making an announcement about your [ICO], which will trade under the ticker [BRAIN].
- Then add some meat to the announcement telling about your ICO.
- The habit here is to add images to make the [ANN] “sexy,” but I prefer text over images for the announcement (and so does Google).
- Remember, give the bounty hunters the information fast and easy.
- Make a second post announcing your bounty program.
- Hey: why only the half-step? –> Because you’ll have to read the next post in this series!
Thanks for reading!
Lightning Network tipping jar: