Today, I’m considering picks for my 2018 cryptocurrency investment index.
If it’s an index, what am I tracking? Great question. For 2018, I’m tracking those cryptocurrencies that bypass traditional VC and allow for the frictionless raising of funds for other crypto and blockchain businesses.
Although regulations are coming down the pipeline, I still believe 2018 will be heavy with quality ICOs. Ethereum, recently unseated by Ripple as the #2 cryptocurrency by market cap, will surely continue to see ICO flows via the ever-famous ERC-20 contract. ICOs will increasingly look beyond Ethereum, though, as the organization is criticized for its slow reaction time and lack of flexibility.
Beyond Coinbase: What are our capital growth opportunities for 2018?
(in order by market cap on 12/30/2017)
I’ll be tracking daily news, updates, market caps, and prices for the above cryptocurrencies. In addition, I will compare the index performance against Bitcoin and the CAMCrypto30 Index on a weekly basis.
Prices and Maket Caps (12/30/2017):
- Stellar (XLM): $0.356223 USD per coin at market cap $6,361,773,970
- EOS (EOS): $8.63 USD per coin at market cap $4,945,358,981
- Ardor (ARDR): $1.54 USD per coin at market cap $1,542,135,540
- Komodo (KMD): $9.06 USD per coin at market cap $940,804,208
- Bancor (BNT): $4.94 USD per coin at market cap $201,313,195
- Bitcoin (BTC): $13,153.90 USD per coin at market cap $220,618,526,190
- CAMCrypto30: $2,555.97 USD
But, can I get them on Bittrex?
If you’re only on Bittrex, and would like to find a replacement for EOS, consider NEO, “China’s Ethereum.” I’m personally attached to EOS because one of the ICOs I work with, @KwhCoin, is using the EOS blockchain to separate itself from Ethereum. Is this a trend that will see some growth in 2018?
Thanks for reading and look forward to news and tracking on this cryptocurrency index!
Make sure you get your free subscription to my daily digital newspaper, Quotidian Disruption: “The FUTURE is NOW”!