Cryptocurrency is revered by enthusiasts, coveted by traders, and misunderstood by the masses. Although cryptocurrency benefits often invoke powerful concepts such as sovereignty and privacy, mass adoption is still far from reality. People have not abandoned Facebook despite countless privacy slip-ups, leaving many to wonder whether consumers value privacy at all.
Is it possible to gain mass cryptocurrency adoption on the platform of sovereignty and/or privacy benefits?
I reached out to fellow marketing philosopher Beni Issembert (CMO, BEAM Privacy) to explore the conundrum. Not only did Beni expand my thinking on the issue, he also triggered new questions about cryptocurrency user personas. The conversation has only just begun… now we are looking for feedback.
Join CryptoCoffee (@Kristen_Colwell) and Beni Issembert (@BEAMPrivacy) on Twitter to unravel the mystery of privacy cryptocurrency mass adoption. Add to the conversation by tweeting your responses and questions during the chat. Make sure to tag your tweets with #JabberCoffee so Beni and I can respond.
Twitter Chat with BEAM Privacy
- June 27, 2019 at 10am MST (UTC -7)
- Watch hashtag #JabberCoffee
- Add #JabberCoffee to your tweets to join the conversation
Here are the questions we plan to discuss:
- Why is there a disconnect between the need for privacy and mass adoption of privacy-focused technology?
- To what degree do cryptocurrency audiences understand the value of “privacy by default”?
- Would you advertise on platforms such as Facebook if it meant reaching mass audiences in need of privacy tech?
- What is the most difficult thing for people to understand about sovereignty?
- How does cryptocurrency usage improve individual sovereignty?
- What role does privacy play in sovereignty?
Crypto User Personas
- Do you find that people interested in Mimblewimble are more likely to be advanced cryptocurrency users?
- What is the biggest barrier to cryptocurrency mass adoption? Is that barrier the same for privacy coins?
- How prevalent is the CypherPunk philosophy in cryptocurrency today?
- Is it possible for the CypherPunk philosophy to gain mass adoption?
Are we missing important questions? Join us on Twitter on June 27 at 10am MST (UTC -7) to share your thoughts!